Here are some Winter activities, lessons, and printables for Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten.
There is a wide variety to be found here, but don’t be overwhelmed. 🙂 Pick and choose those activities you would like to do and you believe will be of interest to the children in your classroom.
I don’t do all of these activities every single year — I like to change it up from year to year to match the interests of the group of children I teach.
All activities and printables listed here are FREE unless clearly marked.
What themes work for the Winter season?
You can do one general theme of “Winter” and stretch it out through the season or through one month, incorporating many Winter books and activities. Longer themes make it so much easier to set up the classroom environment. You can incorporate the theme through the environment without changing the whole room every week if the theme changes each week.
In January, I like to do a Winter theme, with a Weather theme towards the end of the month.
In February, I like to do a Community Theme, combining Community Helpers and Transportation for the month. This theme works well in February because you can incorporate Nutrition (when talking about Doctors), Dental Health (when talking about Dentists), and the Post Office (goes well with Valentine “mail”).
If you don’t want to stretch broad themes out for a month like I do, here are some you might like to add in the Winter:
Need Math activities for Winter? Here are some favorites…
- Snowflake Pattern Block Mats
- Winter Math Story Problem Pocket Charts
- Snowman Play Dough Counting Mats
- Mitten Count & Match
- Winter Math Activities (from my shop)
- January Math Journals (from my shop)
- February Math Journals (from my shop)
- Penguin Shapes (from my shop)
Need Literacy activities for Winter? Here are some favorites…
- Winter Picture-Word Cards
- Arctic Picture-Word Cards
- Penguin Roll & Write Game
- “The Mitten” Flannel Board Cards
- Winter Literacy Activities (from my shop)
- January Writing Journals (from my shop)
- February Writing Journals (from my shop)
What can you add to your Winter Science Center?
- Ways to Make Snow in the Sensory Table
- Melting Snowman Science
- Instant Snow Science
- Weather Sort & Classify (from my shop)
More Winter Centers