Here are some Fall activities, lessons, and printables for Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten.
There is a wide variety to be found here, but don’t be overwhelmed. 🙂 Pick and choose those activities you would like to do and you believe will be of interest to the children in your classroom.
I don’t do all of these activities every single year — I like to change it up from year to year to match the interests of the group of children I teach.
All activities and printables listed here are FREE unless clearly marked.
What are some good themes to teach in the Fall?
You can do one general theme of “Fall” and stretch it out through the season, incorporating many Fall books and activities. Longer themes make it so much easier to set up the classroom environment. You can incorporate the theme through the environment without changing the whole room every week if the theme changes each week.
I also love to do a Forest Theme in November, which I usually stretch out to 2 weeks or a month long.
A Farm Theme works well in the Fall, especially if you take a trip to visit a Pumpkin Farm.
A Community Helper theme can work well in the Fall to go with Fire Safety month (although I prefer to do Community Helpers in February myself).
Need Math activities for Fall? Here are some favorites…
- Counting Pumpkins Math
- Five Little Leaves
- Mini Pumpkin Math Center
- Squirrel Play Dough Math Mats
- Fall Story Problem Pocket Charts
- October Math Journals and November Math Journals (from my shop)
- Pumpkin Ten Frame Game (from my shop)
- Pumpkin Shapes (from my shop)
Need Literacy activities for Fall? Here are some favorites…
- Fall Picture-Word Cards
- Fall the Leaves Nursery Rhyme Card Game
- Owl Letter Tumble
- Fall Literacy Centers (from my shop)
- Forest Write the Room (from my shop)
- October Writing Journals and November Writing Journals (from my shop)
What can you add to your Fall Science Center?
- Animal Tracks Book
- Gourds Science Center
- Pumpkins with Tweezers
- Things Come From Trees
- Oak Tree Life Cycle
- Fall Life Cycles Bundle (from my shop)
More Fall Centers