Teaching is going to be very different this year. Here are some resources for teaching during the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. Whether you are teaching In-Person classes, Online / Distance Learning, or Hybrid Model, I hope that this will be a spot to help you get ideas resources! This page is being updated frequently, so be sure to check back.
Books for Kids
Health & Hygiene
Paper Packets for Distance Learning
- Home Learning Pack #1
- Home Learning Pack #2 (Choice Boards)
- Science Home Learning Activities
- Syllable Print & Fold Books
- Alphabet Printables
- Number Printables
- Nature Walk Checklist for Home
- Pre-K Writing Journals
- Pre-K Math Journals
Christian School Resources
If you are missing church due to the pandemic, I’d like to invite you to mine. Watch here on You Tube.
Fun Fact! This is the same church that created the movies Fireproof & Courageous.
Communicating with Families
- Google Drive: Use a folder in Google Drive to upload all learning activity PDFs, images, videos, any media that you wish to share with parents and it will be all in one place. Then email the link to the folder to parents. Since Google Drive links are long, you can make a shortlink link for it with bit.ly.
- School communication apps such as See Saw, Remind, Class Tag, Brightwheel, Class Dojo.
- Create a Facebook Page or Group (get school permission for this)
Teaching Pre-K Children Remotely
- Prepare a Home Learning Packet that parents can pick up or you can send electronically. It may seem simpler to send worksheets, but it’s better to keep the activities hands-on.
- Make a video of yourself with your phone to talk to the children. Read a book to them that is familiar and one of your class’ favorites. Recite familiar nursery rhymes and fingerplays. It may help children feel comforted to see you.
- If your class’ favorite songs are on YouTube, send parents a link so children will have familiar songs.