Learning Resources sent me 3 of their products to review and this is the second one: the Easi-Speak Recorder. They will also give one away to one lucky reader.
What I like about this recorder is that it looks like a microphone that kids can hold and speak into. It’s easy to use. There are no batteries, you just recharge it with your computer through a USB connection. You can save the recordings onto your computer, email them to parents, or save the recording in a child’s e-portfolio. Of course, my students loved it because they love to record and listen to their own voices.
Ways to use it in a Pre-K classroom:
- Record children reciting nursery rhymes or singing songs. These can be shared with parents and saved to e-portfolios.
- Have children practice saying letter sounds by having them repeat a letter sound after you. Then play it back for the child to hear themselves, and ask them to listen to see if their sound was the same as yours.
- You could make a bingo game (using these bingo pages) for a center. Record yourself saying “find the letter N, find the letter, B,” etc. It’s very quick and easy to make a recording, so you could easily change the game for the next day if you wanted to use different letters or numbers.
- Record directions for a game or activity you want children to do independently. Great for pre-readers.
- Record your own books for the listening center.
- Record group discussions about a topic.
- Record children answering questions about a story and use this for assessment. (I can personally see this being very useful to me because it’s too difficult to try to write down what children say in the moment.)
Want one of your own?
You can get one on the Learning Resources site. Learning Resources is also giving away one Easi-Speak Recorder (worth $69.99) to one lucky reader.
Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter below. One winner will be chosen.
- You must write a comment below this post telling how you would use the Easi-Speak Recorder in your classroom.
- For a bonus entry, “pin it to win it” by pinning the “giveaway” image at the top on Pinterest.
- Entries are only valid if you enter with the Rafflecopter.
- If you are a winner, you will be notified by email and you have 5 days to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- If you win, you must provide a U.S. mailing address.
- Giveaway ends at midnight on Monday, October 29, 2012.
Disclosure: I received an Easi-Speak Recorder to review, I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are 100% my own.